06 June, 2009

Wicked: Costume Directory: Glinda/Galinda



The role of Glinda in Wicked was originated by Kristin Chenoweth. The costumes were designed by Susan Hilferty.





Bubble Gown: Glinda's first dress, worn as she rides in on her bubble.
Article Gallery
All posts labelled "bubble gown"




Shiz Uniform: Galinda wears this cream three-piece uniform on her first day at Shiz University. It's composed of a fluffy skirt, a vest and collared shirt, and a blazer.
Article Gallery
All posts tagged "shiz uniform"



Popular Ballgown: Galinda wears this pink fluffy gown to the party at the Ozdust Ballroom.
Article Gallery
All posts tagged "popular dress"



Emerald City dress: Glinda wears this yellow gown to Oz. This is the only Glinda costume that is actually a one piece.
Article Gallery
All posts tagged "one short day dress"



Politician Gown: Glinda wears this silver and green Edwardian-based dress while addressing the citizens of Oz.
Article and Gallery
All posts tagged "politician gown"



Engagement Ballgown: Glinda wears this dress for her Engagement Party.
Article and Gallery
All posts tagged "engagement ballgown"




Crown, wand, and other accessories...
Article and Gallery
All posts tagged "crown", "wand", "accessories"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! I love, love, love your blog! I wish I had found it years ago! Last year I sewed piece by piece the Elphda dress and this year am working on the Bubble Dress. Your images are all over my sewing room=) I know that you said you would have a crown blog someday but I was wondering if have any info yet on where I might be able to buy a crown and scepter? Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and keep up the good work!

Corbyjane said...

Hello, Sonia! I'm glad I can help!
As for the wand & crown... You might try the Galinda's Wardrobe forum http://z8.invisionfree.com/Galindas_Wardrobe/index.php?s=e33e4ba049de585431fdf6f824ff45c2&showforum=7 and see what other Cosplayers have used.
The best source for props is probably going to be eBay. Try searching “crown” or “tiara” in costumes or wedding categories. A brief overview of the crown: it’s made up of stars or snowflakes like the wand’s tip. It looks like there are 9 total: there’s a big one in the very centre (about 3” in diameter) and they taper off in size until it ends past her ear. I think the snowflakes are mounted above a circlet, because if you look closely at the pictures, they almost float above the hairline. Also, the crystals in the crown aren’t just white crystals: you can see in the more studio-like pix that there’s a sky blue in there that matches the dress.
The wand is basically a silver snowflake with white and blue crystals mounted on a silver/steel rod. I think the snowflake is about 5-6” across, and while the length of the wand varies (based on the height of the actress) it seems to run between 3-4 feet.
I haven't seen any exact replicas of either (though the "training wand" from Popular can be found at the Wicked store) of the wand, but neither look incredibly complicated to make. I have several snowflake ornaments I was given sometime ago that, when I get the time, I plan on making into my crown and wand.
I try to do an article on whatever anyone expresses an interest in, so as I get time, I’ll try and get a Crown & Wand blog up. In the meantime, I’ll be adding some more pictures to the Crown and Wand photobucket gallery either tonight or tomorrow. http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t157/Corbyjane/Costumes/site/Glinda/Crown%20and%20Wand/
Hope this helps!

Corbyjane said...

Oh yes, and for more pictures of the crown and wand, the Bubble Gown & Engagement gown articles and photo galleries will have some, as she wears both while in her Bubble and wears the crown in her ballgown.

Unknown said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! I thought I was the only one crazy enough to do this! I feel like I'm home! Wow, I have a lot of reading to do! Thank you again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails