31 July, 2009

The Little Mermaid on Broadway Costume Directory: Ariel

Photobucket
The Little Mermaid costumes were designed by Tatiana Noginova.

Mermaid: Ariel is a mermaid for the entirety of act 1. She has the iconic seashell bra and tail.
Article (coming soon) Gallery




Human: When Ariel becomes human, she has a kelp skirt and seashells until she bumps into Eric.
Article (coming soon!) Gallery





Bath: Ariel wears a turban and bubbles.
Article (coming soon!) Gallery





Pink: Ariel is given a fluffy pink dress that I love with all my heart, and she wears it while gallivanting around with Eric.
Article Gallery





Boating: Ariel wears a brown bodice and skirt when she goes out boating with Eric.
Gallery (coming soon!) article





Nightgown: During the "If Only" quartet, Ariel sits on her bed wearing a simple white chemise.
Article (coming soon!) Gallery




Finale: She wears this white dress to the prince's ball, and after the excitement, throws on a veil and crown and poof! it becomes a wedding dress!
Article (coming soon!) Gallery

4 comments:

Suzie said...

I am especially looking forward to reference pictures of Ariel's pink dancing dress since I have found it nearly impossible to uncover any decent pictures of it but have dreamed of making it since I saw it!
I love your little corner for Musical Theatre cosplayers! It's lovely! Thank you!

Corbyjane said...

Wow, Suzie, you must have read my mind, because (now that I've done all the Glinda costumes) I think my next project will be analysing some of the Little Mermaid costumes! All the reference pics I have of Ariel's Pink dress here: http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t157/Corbyjane/Costumes/site/Ariel/4-%20Pink/

I hope this helps! Thanks for dropping by!

Anonymous said...

Thank you bunches! :-) They really help a lot! I cannot wait to get started!

I will be dropping by a lot, I have bookmarked your page!
Thank you again!
~Suzie

Armil@broadway lion king said...

Broadway!! I love it! most especially that it is all about Mermaids! I really love the story!


Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails